May 19, 2014

Day 23 was a very nice day. I did wake up with a slight headache but it went away shortly after I got up and started moving around. I slept at my parents’ house so I was awakened pretty early by my dog. He was ready to go outside and play right at 7am, which was fine. However, I didn't feel completely rested at 7 like I normally would at that hour. 

I had a nice breakfast with my parents (while my boyfriend caught up on sleep). I made myself some eggs, my mom made coffee (I added canned coconut milk and cinnamon) and my dad washed some berries. 

After breakfast I woke up my boyfriend. We all showered and got ready and then we went to the mall. We were on a mission to find me a dress for a party next month but I couldn't commit to one. After the mall we went to my favorite store in Temecula, Roots. Because I was in town, I had to get my favorite green juice, the Roots RX. It was heaven. I also picked up some cashews, some cashew butter to try and some vegan chocolate chips (for my dog). 

After Roots we all decided that Chipotle would be a good place to grab lunch. I ordered two sides of carnitas and when I got back to my parents house I made some quick guac and threw it on top. My mom made me the same iced green tea with mint leaves from the night before and it was really refreshing. We also passed a bowl of berries around the table. Everyone else enjoyed chips and salsa but I didn't feel like I was missing out.

After lunch my mom and I ran to one more store and my dad stayed behind and changed my oil for me. He ended up washing my car too. That was so nice of him. When I got back my boyfriend and I packed up the car, talked a little longer and then headed home. While we were driving we decided to stop and surprise his family. We spent a couple hours visiting them and then headed home again. I started to get a really bad headache at this point and I didn't know if I was dehydrated or hungry. 

We unpacked the car when we arrived home and then I drank a big glass of water and ate my apple for the day. Within a few minutes my headache was gone. After that I went to sleep. 

I had such a wonderful time with my family and with my boyfriend's family. I'm so proud of myself for staying on track even while traveling. I'm also grateful for the support of my boyfriend and my parents. I didn't eat at my boyfriend's parents’ house but I know if I did they would have found me something Whole 30 compliant too. 

23 days complete. Only 1 more week left!

     Email me  

No comments:

Post a Comment