Jan 23, 2015

Washington {Part Three}

Monday was full of adventures. I must warn you, there are lots and lots of photos in today's post. Monday morning we stopped for coffee at Caffe Ladro and then headed for Seattle. We left Nashy at the apartment. Look at that little face!

We drove to downtown Seattle and we walked around.

The only thing I wanted to see was the first Starbucks so we went straight there. The street behind us in this photo is Pike Street.

I was expecting a line around the corner. It was busy but not crazy.


My brother and I both worked for Starbucks. I actually got him his first job at Starbucks and then a couple years later we ended up working at the same store. I still hold a special place in my heart for Starbucks. ♥

I didn’t even get a drink. I kind of regret that now. I did buy a special edition mug and gift card though.

That is Elliot Bay behind us.

As you know my favorite movie is Sleepless in Seattle. My sister-in-law had a great idea and she looked up photos from the movie to see if any of the scenes were filmed nearby. I knew we were close because a lot of the market looked familiar to me. She found the photo of Tom Hanks on the left and then she took the photo of me on the right. It’s been twenty-two years since Sleepless in Seattle came out…everything looks pretty much the same. The fish market is still there. I'm thinking they moved the sign above us because of the location of the columns.

One of my favorite quotes. I saw it outside of Nordstrom downtown.

We went back to Issaquah to give Nashy some attention.

We ended up taking Nash on a walk. I love how all the local shops allow him to come inside. They are very dog friendly in Issaquah.

I can not tell you how many Starbucks locations I saw on this trip.

I finally got my hands on a drink from Starbucks. My Green Tea Latte never tasted so good.

Be still my beating heart. I love this little guy so so so much!

My mom bought my brother and sister-in-law some Seahawks gear.

My dad and I climbed 140 steps to see this view.

A view I will never forget. Pictures don’t even do it justice.

We left for home the next morning. We decided to stay up all night because our flight left at 5:15 and we had to return our rental car and take a shuttle to the airport. It was a LONG night and I ended up going 39 ½ hours without sleep. I love traveling, especially to see my brother, my sister-in-law and my baby but I am so happy to be home!

    Email me

No comments:

Post a Comment