Mar 9, 2015

Whole 30 {Round Two} Day Eight

Well I officially don't like sleeping in hotels by myself. I had the hardest time falling asleep last night. I kept tossing and turning. 5:30 came way too soon. I got ready and headed down to the lobby for breakfast. I didn't know what to expect so I figured I could always eat a hard boiled egg if all else failed. They gave me two to-go boxes and I filled them with fruit. I got a cup of coffee and brought it all back to my room. I ate a hard boiled egg and one piece of pineapple. I added canned coconut milk and a little bit of coconut oil to my coffee and used my milk frother to make it extra foamy. I packed a few items in my purse for lunch. I wasn't sure how much time we'd get so I brought my own food.

I had a great first day at my new job. I absolutely love the culture and everyone I have met so far. I was in class from 8-5. I did get a little hungry around 11 so I grabbed an RX Bar out of my purse. This was in front of me all day and I didn't even think twice about reaching for some. 

My employer actually took us out to lunch. I took the safe route and ordered a protein style burger. The waitress questioned me. I guess people don't order that very often around here. I made sure to say, "Plain. No cheese. No sauce." And of course she brought it out with cheese on it! I always hate sending food back but there was no way I could eat it so I had to ask that they make me a new one. It actually turned out to be pretty good. 

By the time 5 o'clock rolled around I was pretty drained. The last thing I wanted to do was try and figure out where to go for dinner. I went through the Starbucks drive-thru for an iced Passion tea and then went straight back to the hotel and I ordered room service for the first time in my life. I ordered a steak with veggies. I made sure that there would be no butter on my veggies.  They brought me salad but I wasn't sure what was in the dressing so I didn't eat it. I wasn't expecting a bread basket but there it was at my door. I wasn't even tempted. I loved my steak. I also loved the fact that I didn't have to cook it. 

The sleep I lost last night is catching up to me and I have a feeling I'll be going to sleep here pretty soon. I have another day of class tomorrow and then I'll be driving home right after. It's going to be a LOOOOONNNNNGGGGG day. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to blog tomorrow but I'll be sure to catch up on Wednesday.
    Email me

No comments:

Post a Comment